DJ Jimmy Jatt was born in Lagos state, Nigeria as Jimmy Adewale Amu, the legendary renowned Nigerian disc jockey was the founder of Road Block Street carnival. He first entered into the entertainment scene as a rapper with his first stage name as “Master J”. His role in setting the pace for hip pop music across the country is revered. The versatile rapper undoubtedly built himself a good career in the world of entertainment industry.
10 secret things you don’t know about the legendary Nigerian disc jockey, DJ Jimmy Jatt:
1. DJ Jimmy Jatt full name is Jimmy Adewale Amu born in Lagos state, Nigeria.
2. While growing up his favorite genres of music are blues, soul, jazz, highlife, R&B and other indigenous genres.
3. His first stage name is Master J, he first started as a rapper in Music industry.
4. He later set up a studio in honor of his brothers who assisted him through his career and eventually changed his name to DJ Jimmy Jatt. The Street studio is located at Ondo state, Nigeria.
5. DJ Jimmy Jatt was the first person to bring up the idea of Road Block Street Carnival; it was later adopted by most Nigerian Artists.
6. He started hooked up with DJ Raves at major university campuses throughout Nigeria in 1993, appealing to school kids about hip hop and how to be disciplined.
7. DJ Jimmy Jatt has performed in a numerous shows and events this includes; the LL Cool J/Akon Star Mega Jam, MTN Friendship is Beautiful Tour, 50cent Concert, MTV Base Lunch with 2Face 7 Lebo in Lagos and the Globacom Campus Storm Tour and many more.
8. He has released some single with his first single titled “Stylee” he featured 2face Idibia, Mode 9 and Elajoe this song gave him a massive spot light in Nigeria and across.
9. He has performed and work with lots of Nigeria’s top entertainment stars and international super stars including 2face Idibia, Mode 9, Elajoe, Akon, 50cent, Wyclef Jean, Sean Paul and LL Cool J to mention a few.
10. He was once nominated for Best Video of the Year Category award hosted by Channel O Africa Music Video Award.